First Responders Day
The Rotary Club of Lexington is proud to honor the 2019 First Responders of the Year Award. This is our second year of honoring Lexington First Responders from the various organizations who keep us safe, save our lives, homes, and protect us year-round. With the Rotary motto, ‘Service Above Self’, these individuals perform their duties as their ‘regular’ jobs, and have performed above and beyond the call to be selected by their respective organizations. Today you will meet some terrific and heroic individuals. They have forged tremendous relationships with those whom they serve in order to build a better community. Additionally, they have, volunteered to show the community that they and their fellow professionals are ‘one of them’ and have established a more trusting image for themselves.
This year’s honorees:
- Fayette Public Schools Officer James Moore
- University of Kentucky Police Sergeant Samantha Hess
- Division of Corrections Corporal April Anthony
- Bluegrass Airport Ron Sapp
- Transylvania University Officer Joseph Casey McClure
- Lexington Police Department Officer Dawn Norden
- Lexington Fire Department Seth Lockhart
- 911 Call Tracy Wells
- Fayette County Sheriff Sergeant Antoine Palmer
Deputy Josh Pugh
Director of Communications, Rebecca Chancellor
Assistant Director of Communications, Jamie Jenkins
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding representatives of their respective organizations and departments. Our wonderful Lexington is a better and safer place because of them and their example.
For additional information, or to attend this meeting, please contact Peggy Trafton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
401 West Main Street • Suite 305 • Lexington, KY 40507 • (859) 389-8100